Faculty positions at HAITC
Applications are now open for the position of lecturer in English Composition and Public Speaking at the HNU-ASU Joint International Tourism College at Hainan University (HAITC).
Hainan University (HNU) in Haikou, Hainan province, is one of China’s key Project 211 universities. HNU’s HAITC is an innovative Sino-foreign cooperative tourism institution in partnership with Arizona State University (ASU) in the U.S. HAITC currently offers three dual-degree programs: Tourism Development and Management, Human Geography and Urban-Rural Planning, and Public Administration. Courses are taught in English by both HNU and ASU faculty members. Our goal is to cultivate a new generation of leaders in public governance and global tourism with a vision of sustainable development.
Our partner, the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions at ASU, is a vibrant community of scholars committed to excellence in education and innovative responses to collective challenges. Watts College includes the School of Community Resources and Development (SCRD) and the School of Public Affairs (SPA). The SPA is ranked 13th in the U.S., according to U.S. News and World Report, and 5th in research, according to the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities. Based on CWUR’s academic rankings of global universities in 2018, ASU’s hospitality, leisure, sports, and tourism subjects rank 7th worldwide and 2nd in the U.S.
Lecturer in English Composition and Public Speaking at HAITC
Successful candidates are expected to deliver excellent in-class instruction for undergraduate students and participate in service activities for the college and its student body. Contribution to graduate education is anticipated in the future. Faculty positions are renewable depending on teaching performance.
1. Required qualifications:
(1) A Master’s degree from an internationally recognized university;
(2) Proof of teaching effectiveness;
(3) Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
2. Desired qualifications:
(1) A degree in linguistics, communication, education or related fields;
(2) CELTA/TESL/TEFL/TESOL certificate;
(3) Proof of teaching effectiveness from supervisors, peers or students.
3. Working conditions:
(1) Full-time lecturers are expected to teach at least 12 hours per week and contribute at least two more hours per week to educational activities outside the classroom. Any additional work assigned by the college will be compensated for with extra pay.
(2) HAITC offers its faculty members competitive salaries and housing.
(3) During travel restrictions, lecturers who are able to teach online will also be considered for the position.
Please send the following materials to email@example.com:
1. A letter of application describing personal qualifications for the position;
2. A detailed curriculum vitae;
3. Names and contact information of referees.
*Other materials may be requested from candidates selected for interviews.
For further information, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For more information about HAITC and ASU, please visit us at the following websites: https://haitc.hainanu.edu.cn/; https://www.asu.edu/